This is Chibi in New York City. He had one eye and his back legs were paralyzed. His owner, Shoichiro, tells his story.
Here is the story of Chibi. About 15 years ago, a local guy told me that he saw the dog looked like my dog (I had a male kuvasz, his name Chanko). He said, it seemed like the dog's owner abandoned him at the vet and the vet was going to destroy him.
So I went to the vet, but I could not take him home that day. Not only one eyed, also sooo skinny (60 something pound for male kuvasz!) and acted so wild. But when I came back home, I felt guilty. So next day I went back to pick up. The vet told me dog's name was Whitey. He was 8 years old. The owner was Hungarian man. He lost his job, so he put Whitey for dog fight for money. Whitey lost one eye and he had big scar on his head from fighting.
I named him Chibi which mean Tiny in Japanese. Then the hell began! He was a mad dog. He could not control himself. Honestly, I regret for a while, maybe 6-7 months after Chibi came to my home. He started to calm down little by little.
When he was around 10 years old, he started having walking problem. So he needed a wheel chair. Then he became too weak to pull his wheel, I used to carry his lower body for every morning walk. Then he needed the cart, so I could pull.
He was laying on the cart with blanket on, one day, I remember it was beautiful afternoon. Chibi and Chanko and I took a nap. Chibi was smiling and sleeping with my arm under his head. Chanko and I waked up, but Chibi did not. He was 13 years old. He was a truly amazing dog. I still miss him a lot.
